Accident, Sickness and Unemployment (ASU)
ASU insurance policies are designed to protect your regular income should you be unable to work. They provide a buffer to enable you to maintain a reasonable standard of living until you get back on your feet.
Income when you need it most !
Whether you have a mortgage or rent a property this is likely to be the largest and most important financial commitment you will make. You need to be certain that you will have enough money to meet your repayments if you are made unemployed, suffer an accident or are unable to work due to illness.
If you fall behind with your mortgage or rent payments you could end up losing your home. All new mortgage borrowers are now encouraged to consider taking out independent insurance.
The main reason for mortgage arrears is income reduction.
- Nearly 2 Million people would be penniless within a week if they lost their jobs.
- A further 4 Million would be on the breadline within a month.
- A further 8 million could cope for 6 months and
- Another 3.2 Million would be broke within a year.
But which cover do you choose?
- With or without an excess?
- “Back to day one” cover or not
- or all the above
We have the expertise to help and guide you to decide the best cover for your need
Benefits of ASU cover from 1 Stop Insurance
- Benefit can be paid for up to 24 months
- Monthly prices start from as little as £2 per £100 of monthly mortgage payment.
- “Back to work” support with some covers help you get earning again.
- Schemes can offer 3 or 6 months initial free cover.
- Build in up to 25% extra cover if required.
- “Back to day one” cover available. Benefit backdated to the 1st day of your claim.
- Policy can be transferred between mortgage lenders
- Cover for self employed persons.