Privacy and Cookies Policy
This privacy and cookies policy sets out 1 Stop Insurance’s commitment to you in respect of how we handle your personal data that we collect through your use of the 1 Stop Insurance Consultants Ltd Member web site (The website) for the purpose of delivering our services with your you (The Services).
For the purposes of this policy 1 Stop Insurance Consultants Ltd, we, us and our means The 1 Stop Insurance Consultants Ltd Limited (registered number 4299061) of SBC House, Restmor Way, Wallington, Surrey. SM6 7AH.
Please read the following policy to understand how we may use the personal data you provide or which we collect about you.
This policy may vary from time to time so please check it regularly.
- The personal data we collect
We may collect the following Personal data about you when using our Website:
- personal data provided by you if you contact us (including by telephone) to register, subscribe or request services or products or details of The Services which may include details such as but not limited to name and business contact details
- your personal log in details to The website to monitor your visits to The website including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, including information on the date, time; page viewed or searched for, guides printed, tools used, referrals made and other information relating to your browsing activity on The website
- information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- personal data gathered using cookies (for more information on cookies please see sections 7,8 and 9)
- Sensitive personal data?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data about users of The website and The Services. If we do seek to collect sensitive personal data we will ask you to explicitly consent to our proposed uses of that information at the time of collection. Sensitive personal data means information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, medical details, or other such sensitive topics.
- Personal data about others
If you give us another person’s personal data then we accept it on the understanding from you that you have made them aware of how we will use and disclose their personal data and they have given you permission to provide their details to us. You should not provide us with others’ personal data if this is not the case.
- How we use personal data collected
We may use and process the personal data you provide for the purposes outlined below as well as for any purposes specified at the time of collection:
- to send you information you have requested
- to provide you with access to The website and The services and to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns; develop and deliver services and information that better meet your needs; inform you of events, services and products which we believe to be relevant to you under The Services
- to deal with your enquiries
- To contact you by telephone, SMS, post and/or email about other offers, products, promotions, developments or services under The Services we provide you that we think will be of interest to you. Please make it clear to us should you not wish to receive such information by any of the above methods.
- to develop, deliver and improve The website and The Services
- for The website user processing research or analysis including to collect statistics, responses to any surveys and questionnaires, traffic patterns and related site information (we aggregate this data and it does not identify any web site users or allow any individual to be identified from such data)
- for internal purposes for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management and administrative purposes
- to send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies, and/or
- to help detect, prevent, investigate and deal with fraud, crime and unsavoury behaviour.
- Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose the personal data to our selected third party partners to fulfil an order for The Services or respond to an enquiry.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- to undertake the activities listed above
- to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process
- to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- to protect and defend our rights or property
- to deal with any misuse of The website
- to sell, make ready for sale or dispose of our business in whole or in part including to any potential buyer or their advisers, or
The website uses a small number of non-intrusive cookies.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, mobile phone or tablet by web sites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to web site owners.
- What types of cookie does The website use?
The cookies we use are used by most web sites. None of your personal details are held in these cookies. The bullet points below describe the cookies that The website uses and why:
- Essential cookies
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around The website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of The website. Without these cookies, The Services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use The website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a web site works.
- Functional cookies
- These cookies allow The website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide The Services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other web sites.
- Google Analytics
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use web sites. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve The website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For further details visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- How can the cookies be removed?
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Your rights
When you use The website and provide us with personal data you are agreeing that we may use such personal data for the purposes set out in this policy.
You have the right to:
- request that we stop sending you marketing information
- apply for a copy of the personal data we hold about you; and
- You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do we update this privacy and cookies policy?
We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on this page of The website.
If we make a change to this policy that materially affects you – for example, we wish to use your information for a purpose not set out in this policy and for which we need your express consent – then we will seek your consent to the change and the change will only take effect once you have given us your consent.
In all other cases, the change will take effect on the date that we post it on this page. We will take your continued use of The website and The Services after that date as your acceptance of the change, so if an amendment is not acceptable to you then you should stop using The website and The Services.
- How users can contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact email@example.com